Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Choices

Happy as ever, my little Byrd.  She has filled out so much.  I was looking through pictures of her when she was first born, then not eating.  She was so thin and I was so worried about her.  Now, as you can see, she is just fine.  She looks like the Gerber baby.  
This picture was taken by Aunt Lib.  Byrdie's first trip to NYC-she loved it.  We stayed in the East Village, but walked to the West Village every day.  I wish sometimes that we still lived in NYC.  It is so vibrant, so welcoming on a brisk fall day.  But, as I make difficult choices every day and will continue to do while raising this little love bug, I decided to look for something solid and lasting.  Something that would allow me to be creative and strong while making a life for us.  Fortunately, we have found this in Savannah, Georgia.  We are packing up (or really, I am packing-Byrdie is watching and George is barking) and heading east October 19th.  We flew (Byrdie's first plane trip) to Savannah over a month ago.  Our friend Rebecca gave us an amazing tour of Savannah-it is so charming.  Magical, really.  I interviewed with Savannah College of Art and Design for the Director of Events position, and I got it!!!!  I am thrilled and nervous and scared and excited.  Georgina Byrd, George and myself are going to live in Georgia.  I think that is a bit of fate.  So wish us safe travels and best wishes.  My little Byrd is gonna be a Georgia peach.  

2 comments:

Jen S said...

Wow, Ash! It sounds like you were meant to live in Georgia! And Byrdie will make a perfect Georgia peach!! Congrats on the new job!. :)

Anonymous said...

I love NY but I've never stopped missing GA. Among other things, it smells so much better. But of course what I really miss are the people. Congratulations, enjoy! - Jane

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I am the mother of two amazing children and stepmother to one amazing child. I am married to a wonderful man. We live in Austin and I do flowers.