Friday, November 26, 2010

Getting back to Byrd Life

single mom moves to savannah, georgia for a job. knows one person.
buys first home-most wonderful house in the universe, seriously. 1930's bungalow. meets a great guy at dinner while in the buying process (he is the lender on the house, and also happens to live in atlanta).
start dating the guy.
fall more in love with savannah and the amazing people who make up that town.
fall more in love with the great guy, brad.
put my perfect house on the market-get an offer in 5 days.
brad proposes 2 weeks before my house closes.
resign from great job.
pack house.
move to marietta, georgia (like the woodlands, tx)-suburbia-good lord.
stay at home with byrd for 7 straight days-this is a new experience for me.
thinking about what is next......lots of options. i am thankful for many things right now. my sweet daughter byrd, who loves brad and lane. lane, who is trying very hard to accept many changes in his little life. my parents, for being totally supportive, proud and loving. my friends, in savannah, who watched me breakdown all last week. it was a very difficult good-bye. barbara, who i miss most of all. and brad, who wants me to never be stressed out. :)
more to come.
happy thanksgiving.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I am the mother of two amazing children and stepmother to one amazing child. I am married to a wonderful man. We live in Austin and I do flowers.