Sunday, August 17, 2008

kissing the byrd

yesterday byrdie spent the day with aunt mona and uncle brian while i was at work.  thank goodness for them both because i was at ease all day knowing she was safe and happy.  she spends most days either being loved on by me or mona, so it was just another normal day for the byrd.  mona and brian kept sending me photos on my phone of the happy little byrd-this also eased my separation anxiety.  
while i was at the church finishing the arrangements, i got a call to pray for the jacomini family.  their plane had gone missing friday morning.  no one had heard from them since.  the little plane was being flown by tommy, who was accompanied by his wife and two young children.  i have not prayed in a very long time, and i did not really know the family, but it just worried me.  so as i stood on the altar at st. john's, i said a prayer for  the entire jacomini family.  today the plane was found with no survivors.  i just feel ill about it, the fear those little kids must have felt, the fear the parents must have felt for themselves and their children, for the grandparents who were hoping for the best.  i will continue to pray for them-the surviving family members and friends.  nothing is ever expected or planned, you have no idea what is in store for you or your loved ones.  everything is just so unpredictable.  when things like this happen my first silly instinct is to never do anything but protect my daughter, keep her safe, inside.  then i realize, what kind of life is that?  none.  what we should all learn from terrible tragedy is that life is short and we should remember to tell all that we love that we do indeed love them.  we should live each moment to its fullest, pursuing the dreams and ambitions that we know we are capable of.  i hope to live a long, healthy, successful,joyous life with byrdie by my side.  all i have to do is look over at her sweet face and know that everything is going to be just fine.

2 comments:

Jen S said...

Sweet post, Ash. That is SO sad about that family. I looked the story up and saw their picture. So so tragic. You are right that we should live each day with no regrets...loving as much as we can.

Anonymous said...

Wow... I finally took the opportunity to read all of these wonderful posts Ash. What an incredible thing you have going... Thank you so much for allowing all of us to whitness such precious moments. I'm pretty speechless at the moment. Did want to say, though, that I'm glad you found yourself in prayer for that family. A truly tragic thing. Often times, when families have missing loved ones like that, they just want an answer. Good or bad. It sounds like your prayer helped give them that peace. I can't explain why God allows things like this to happen, but I often tell myself its because God needs them for some special reason.
Thanks for sharing...
-Mack

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I am the mother of two amazing children and stepmother to one amazing child. I am married to a wonderful man. We live in Austin and I do flowers.