Monday, July 28, 2008

apparently i like these silly ornamentations more than i realized, but we only wear them in the privacy of our own home.... or the office.  
today was truly such a blessing.  my cousin myra came over to see the byrd-she had not seen her since june 5th, the birthday!  and she had not held her, so today she held her all day.  it was so sweet.  sweet of myra to spend the day with us.  sweet of myra to just be here so i could finally get some laundry done, wash some dishes, sweep the floor, change the sheets, dye my hair (you get the picture).  even when byrdie sleeps, i tend to not get much done.  i worry that she will projectile vomit and i will be in the other room, or she will stop breathing and i will have the water running.  i am starting to relax a bit more with her, but probably not in the eyes of a mother of two or three or four.  this saturday will be the first day i spend away from her, and i express how much i am dreading it.  but she will be with myra, loving every minute of her day.  so i am thankful today for my cousin, and byrdie's aunt.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I am the mother of two amazing children and stepmother to one amazing child. I am married to a wonderful man. We live in Austin and I do flowers.