Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day

i have already learned more from my 4 week old daughter than i would honestly like to admit.  i also think that her name is so fitting of her, both of them really.  she is so reminiscent of a little bird, with her long arms and long fingers.  she constantly moves those arms around.  
oddly enough, i have been watching Mad Men all day today.  one of the characters is named Birdie-she is lovely and well mannered and looks a bit like grace kelly.  not to say that my byrdie will be any of the above, but it is odd and sweet to hear her name. some days i start to call her georgina, and some people are calling her b.  when i find myself talking about her, i call her the byrd.  
today has been refreshing.  a day to enjoy our independence and freedom.  i have never felt so free, as if i could just pick up my daughter and my dog and do anything and everything.  i am stronger and smarter.  i have more responsibility than ever, and for some reason, it is very freeing.  so today has been a great day for us.  i am looking forward to another one tomorrow.  byrdie turns 1 month at 1:39 in the afternoon.  she is sending out hugs and kisses to all and everyone.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I am the mother of two amazing children and stepmother to one amazing child. I am married to a wonderful man. We live in Austin and I do flowers.