Sunday, July 13, 2008


i just finished watching "dan in real life".  there are so many great quotes in the movie.  when discussing plans, his quote is "plan to be surprised".  that seems to be my life these days.  i am surprised daily how much i enjoy staying home with my dog and my daughter.  i was surprised by the extraordinary support of my friends throughout my pregnancy and byrdie's birth, and still today by how much love and compassion they show us.  i was and am surprised by my family.  i am surprised by how well i am adjusting to motherhood.  i am surprised by all the signs that are leading us to our future.  
so surprise is what i want to focus on now.  i have to say i am generally not happy with surprises.  i opened all gifts before christmas and my birthday.  i always want to know what happens in a movie.  but with byrdie, i LOVE surprises, because i love her.  the past few days she has been a bit fussy and i honestly believe it is because she can sense my anxiety.  so i am attempting to rid myself of all things that cause any anxiety so that byrdie can live a relaxing life.  many changes all at once come with having a child-i have always been one that loves change. the door is open, come on in!!!!
 

1 comment:

Jen S said...

I really liked Dan in Real Life too and I also took away that line....plan to be surprised. It sounds like motherhood is teaching you a lot! Amazing how it works that way! :)

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
I am the mother of two amazing children and stepmother to one amazing child. I am married to a wonderful man. We live in Austin and I do flowers.